Job Announcement: Deputy Director (download PDF)
Job Title: Deputy Director
Position: Exempt, capsule Full-time, 2-year commitment is expected
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Los Angeles, but some travel is expected to DC and NYC offices.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
National Day Laborer Organizing Network (NDLON) improves the lives of day laborers in the United States. To this end, NDLON works to unify and strengthen its member organizations to be more strategic and effective in their efforts to develop leadership, mobilize, and organize day laborers in order to protect and expand their civil, labor and human rights.
The Deputy Director is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in overseeing and improving NDLON’s strategic delivery of its vision, mission and programmatic goals. This includes playing a critical role in enhancing the internal organization and infrastructure necessary for NDLON’s continued success and growth.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- STAFF GROWTH MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION:
- Enhance personnel management and leadership development systems.
- Strengthen NDLON’s internal operations and Board Development
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs, organizational and financial plans.
- FISCAL MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING:
- Monitor financial and development strategies to ensure growth and sustainability.
- Support grant-seeking and grassroots fundraising campaigns.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Strengthen internal and external communications systems, ensuring that the messages of NDLON’s work and campaigns are consistent and coherent to general public.
- Represent organization and speak to media outlets.
- Experience working in social justice field with a deep understanding and analysis of issues faced by low wage immigrant workers.
- Minimum 5 years fund development, senior management or leadership experience of a non-profit organization, including supervision of multiple staff;
- Bilingual: Spanish strongly preferred;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience, Benefits include: Health+, vacation, & sick leave.
NDLON is an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace. People of color, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people, bilingual people, women, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.